On 11/10/2010 11:00 PM, Gopalakrishnan Subramani wrote:
There could be a lot more complicated cases but basically they
relay on the device capability.

In the enumeration, for example, we need to display many items in
the combo box which needs to be filtered based on device features.
As much as we get the configuration in the Lua is benefit to us
since it is better than XML and very clean and small snippet of
ugly conditions are OK to manage.

Understand, looks like it's not a huge problem since the end user does not use the file directly.

But if we are talking about device configuration and assuming the end run-time result is intended to be a constant table, then there are ways of structuring data that does not need a conditional structure that would still work at run-time when the specific device is known. I'm not that convinced you need conditional structures in the configuration files...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)