On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Lorenzo Donati
<lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it> wrote:
> The only drawback for me now is the documentation:
> 1. it seems to me that the docs are a bit biased toward expert C/C++
> 2. there is no sort of "reference manual", listing all the facilities

This is very true!  I was considering make users as my primary audience...

Well, now I have some incentive.  There are lots of useful little
functions (which can be used by other projects) which need a few
friendly lines of comment each.  And any program which (ab)uses
globals so much must be particularly careful...

Lake is biased towards C/C++.  I've looked at the issue of doing
Java-style compilations and what Lake needs is a few generalizations
so that different tools can be easily integrated and made available as
modules.

> I have a dream: one day we will ditch both 'make' and 'ant' in one blow :-)
> I hope 'Lake' could make that day closer! :-))

Ant is actually well designed - pity about the XML. I agree with Guido
van Rossum that XML should not be written by people.

steve d.

PS. 2 kloc is too big for one file. Squish is probably the way forward!