steve donovan wrote:
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Lorenzo Donati
<lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it> wrote:
But is it not the parsing of console programs output a bit too brittle?
I use a localized (Italian) WinXP and all the commandline tools are
localized, so their output is full of codepage specific chars (eg. ийм).

ahem! I see that the codepage specific chars after the "eg." got messed-up by mail client (they were accented wovels like 'e').
In the replay above they look like cyrillic chars to me.
Sorry. I was sure my client was set to send mail in UTF-8.