As I said, I don't believe anybody's solved this problem yet without
either having infinite memory, or content-addressable memory.  Of
course, for many things it doesn't matter if you're very occationally
too late (say, a computer game, or an electricy meter.)  I wouldn't want
the same to be true of a power station or oil rig, though.

Did you read the Bacon paper/presentation previously posted? Interesting stuff.

It does rely on the rate of memory alllocation being bounded, but I think that would often be possible.

Paul