On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:16:32AM -0200, Alex de Magalhães Machado wrote:
> Yes, that's another problem, and a complex one. I'm not expert, but
> Wikipedia might enlighten some things [1].
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worst-case_execution_time

And your problem is then that your worst-case execution time is almost
unbounded, at least as far as acceptable latency is concerned :)

As I said, I don't believe anybody's solved this problem yet without
either having infinite memory, or content-addressable memory.  Of
course, for many things it doesn't matter if you're very occationally
too late (say, a computer game, or an electricy meter.)  I wouldn't want
the same to be true of a power station or oil rig, though.

B.