I really think it could be someone's thesis to make useful, but right now I'm just worried about assuring predictability.

If you can say it has a quadratic performance, then you can predict the garbage collection execution time (e.g. you can consider it always has quadratic time). Using this time and taking into account other variables, developers can determine a worst case execution time for each one of their applications, and that is hard real time, even if it's not high performance. So, are these corner cases predictable?

The links you guys mentioned are really helping. Thank you all!