On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer
<yetanothergeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xctrl is a Lua module that allows you to query and manipulate various aspects
> of an X11 window manager and the windows it manages. Based largely on code
> from Tomas Styblo's "wmctrl" command-line tool, with some additional features.

Very cool!  Just had to add -I/usr/include/lua5.1 for it to build on Debian.

There is an alarming little typo in the example at the start of the
documentation:

win = xc:active_win()

This method should be 'get_active_win'

steve d.

PS. Entertaining to use on the command-line; you can send your
terminal to the next desktop...

PPS. It would make a good rock.  Would you like me to package it?