On 25/10/2010 18:49, kevin beckford wrote:
Now if we can
only get lua into browsers and retire javascript...

Alas we can't rewrite history: no language, however good it can be, can be implemented by all browser vendors. And there will be always old browsers not understanding it. It reminds me I once found a Web page (from an amateur) using VBScript as scripting language (worked in IE at the time).

Some years ago, there was an attempt to make a browser plugin to run Lua scripts. It was a semi-commercial enterprise, IIRC. Wasn't successful, alas.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France