On 10/15/2010 7:01 AM, dcharno wrote:
On 10/14/2010 01:33 AM, Drake Wilson wrote:
Probably none of these are immediately fatal in isolation (maybe
the
first), but in combination it makes a very poor first impression.

I wonder what sort of first impression this list's response left
with the recruiter and the his client.

It was posted at a not-so-great time, right when many were over-sensitized. Barrier to "getting into the action" was lowered considerably. The poster should not be discouraged at all, one does need a thick skin on the 'Net. The one posting that mattered, Luiz's, wasn't negative.

So you see people unlurking and getting into the act, also you see stretching of other threads to hammer in their points-of-views. Also, "evil me" posted one reply on the job thing -- this further lowered the threshold of itchy fingers.

Quite predictable, this is classic group dynamics, we are just like big lab rats. A fascinating psychological experiment... :-) (and I do know that again I am inviting more easy attacks by posting this. ;-))

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)