On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did look into doing this, however rockspecs don't contain enough of
> the right kind of information. While they do provide a list of
> modules, in the case of a simple module rockspec there is no
> indication of which should be the "main" file. I thought about being
> smart and basing it on module/filename depth but decided it wasn't
> worth the effort right now.

You're right, for instance any delivered 'bin' file will not provide a
list of its dependencies.

For that, David's lua-inspect approach is probably the answer:

http://github.com/davidm/lua-inspect

that is, rigorous static source analysis

On the topic of compression, I'm impressed by how much compression one
gets just from squishing. Anything more than that isn't that crucial,
because most software is delivered in a compressed archive anyway.
Expansion < 200ms is pretty good, because that's below the threshold
of 'perceived instantaneanity'  (sp.)

I am very intrigued by David's suggestion of involving Squish in the
LuaRocks workflow...

steve d.