On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 6:34 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice work. I lust for full program transformation... :-)

Yes, it is impressive that my attempts at bloatware can be tamed!

But of course it would be a very unusual program that managed to
_reference_ all of a big library, so the cool thing is that the
resulting squished program carries no dead code (or very little). A
case where 'static linking' makes a lot of sense.

It would be a cool idea to assemble a kit which could build a custom
Lua interpreter with various necessary libraries like luafilesystem,
luasocket, etc built in, depending on configuration.

Combine this with srlua and you get compact standalone executables

steve d.