On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 20:11 +0100, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> Again, I'd suggest that a class with hundreds of member functions
> might
> require... reworking.  Additionally, such verbatim bindings often
> result
> in disappointing experiences when used from inside Lua, which is why I
> always implement a wafer-thin binding, and then make everything look
> lovely from Lua.

We've bound almost the entire Qt framework for Lua using our automated
binding generator - lqt ( http://github.com/mkottman/lqt ).

Qt is a huge framework, with many classes and methods to be bound. It
would be nearly impossible to do it by hand. The advantage of using a
binding generator allows us to update the binding pretty easily for new
versions of the original library (like transition from Qt 4.5 -> 4.6 ->
4.7).

Yes, I like to create most of my bindings by hand, and make them work
the "Lua way", but there are simply times when you simply need to use a
binding generator...