On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:38:56AM -0600, Tim Mensch wrote:
>  On 9/27/2010 10:02 AM, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> > "All the power of the core Lua 5.01 work distribution."
>

> That page says "this information is old," and it means it.

Their attention to detail doesn't inspire confidence, anyway.
> > "An easy to use C++ interface"
> >
> > The C interface is already trivial and easy to use.
>

> Sorry, but this is a completely wrong answer. The C interface is FAR
> from trivial for many developers. I can use it fluently, and I still
> wouldn't expose more than a few functions to Lua if I had to wrap
> every one in the standard C interface.

Conversely, the number of people who turn up on #lua because they can't
get some automatic binding tool or C++ wrapper to do what they want is
astonishing.  Especially when doing it using the C API is often a 5-line
job, most of which is boilerplate.

(I'm very much of the opinion that the vast majority of a binding should
be done in Lua, exposing only function calls, not functionality, via the
API.)

B.