Did you enjoy that?
I have added support to urgency levels (LOW, NORMAL, CRITICAL)
I'll attach a screenshot to show it working. On Ubuntu, the levels do not seems to be  working, maybe the new version of libnotify ignore it, but on Debian, it works well.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Michal Kottman <k0mpjut0r@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 09:48 -0300, Gabriel Duarte wrote:
> Someone have compiled and used it?

Yes, for compilation, you need the libnotify-dev package (in
Debian/Ubuntu).

It is simple, but definitely useful, if you want to write some
background applications in Lua (like periodic checking of email, etc.)
which notifies the user about various events using a popup box (like on
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/notify-osd-screenshot.png )

--
Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185