On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 07:55 +0200, steve donovan wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Gabriel Duarte <confusosk8@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just wrote a bind from libnotify to Lua 5.1 (lua-notify), now, we are able
> > to pop up notification on desktop easily.
>
> There's also linotify:
>
> http://github.com/hoelzro/linotify
>
> So the question is, what cool features does it provide? One thing
> about linotify which makes it somewhat inflexible is that provides
> blocking event reads on each watched directory, so for non-trivial
> stuff you need to do some kind of threading. (And that's another thing
> altogether!)
>
> steve d.

These seem like different bindings. libnotify is a library that enables
desktop notifications, like the popup bubbles in Ubuntu -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotifyOSD.

lnotify in other hand, is "a Linux kernel subsystem that acts to extend
filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those
changes to applications".