On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM,  <pj@pjb.com.au> wrote:
> OTOH, if I imagine http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/
> with, say, 10000 modules, I feel I shouldn't be creating
> more top-level names.  And it feels strange to create a
> .tar.gz with basically only one file in it...

How about putting them in some common namespace? A common problem is
exactly this, too many top-level packages with over-generic names.

I'd suggest making them all individual rocks, but you can also make a
rock which depends on all three rocks (a 'meta package') and give
people the one-stop shop experience ;)

steve d.

PS. I suspect that luarocks-devel has suffered the same fate as lua-l