Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Lorenzo Donati
<lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it> wrote:
Well, this is really funny: it reminds me of an article on the history of
the Internet I read some years ago. IIRC it explained the genesis of the
emoticons ("smileys") as a way to overcome the "human relationship"
limitations of a pure text communication medium among people scattered over
a huge area, possibly having different backgrounds and coming from different
communities.
Well maybe I should learn how to use them better ;-) :-)

Great link! :-)
Now my Lua problems have been superseded by the problem of stop laughing! :-))