> On a related note, may I assume from what you said that now the
> standard contract for a module can be (incompletely) summarized as
> in the following lines?
>
> 1. when loaded and called, a module's chunk should return a table
> containing its "exported" symbols
> 2. a module should not create any global
> 3. ? any more items in the contract?

Roughly it is only rule 1. (We should not say what it should not do: a
module should not create any global; it also should not erase your hard
disk; it should not send emails to your friends; etc.)

But remember that this is a standard contract; modules are
free to use different contracts if needed (see related message).

> (BTW should this contract be the same for both Lua and C modules?)

Yes.

-- Roberto