Matthew Wild wrote:

No no, I was arguing against your question, not against the words you
used to ask it :)

Perhaps "I don't think you can ask questions like these." would have
been better as "I don't think Roberto (or anyone) can answer questions
like these for you."

Regards,
Matthew

Ah! Thank you! :-) I'm glad I didn't by mistake offend anyone! I highly value the time and the efforts of people on this list, so I would feel really bad to be perceived as a "noisemaker" or something like that!

Well, this is really funny: it reminds me of an article on the history of the Internet I read some years ago. IIRC it explained the genesis of the emoticons ("smileys") as a way to overcome the "human relationship" limitations of a pure text communication medium among people scattered over a huge area, possibly having different backgrounds and coming from different communities.
Well maybe I should learn how to use them better ;-) :-)
Best Regards,
-- Lorenzo