[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Order of weak ref removal and __gc
- From: Pablo Pissanetzky <pablo@...>
- Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:44:00 -0700
This is what I'm seeing:
1. In one pass of my event loop, I create a user data and add it to a
table as a weak value (the key is an integer).
2. In the next pass of the event loop, I create another one and add it
to the same table. At this point, the first one I added is removed,
but that user data's __gc has not been called. Control, returns to me.
3. In the next pass of the event loop, I expect the first one to still
be there (because it has not been finalized), so I look for its
(integer) key in the table and it is not there.
It seems like there are two distinct steps: 1. Remove weak k/v pairs
when the value is weak. 2. Call __gc later.
I'm trying to maintain a weak reference to the user data until _gc is
called. Is there another way to do it?
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Pablo Pissanetzky <email@example.com> wrote:
> (In 5.1.4)
> If I have a weak ref to a user data (as a value) in a table, is it
> possible for the weak ref to be removed long before the userdata's
> __gc metamethod is called? Does this happen in multiple passes of the
> Thanks in advance,
> Pablo Pissanetzky