> Funny set of sentences there, was it run past a lawyer?

No.

> Is it a design mark? A registered trade mark?

It's not a registered trade mark.
What is a design mark? First time I heard that.

> Is copyright appropriate for a logo design?

Probably not.

> Well, if it's called public domain and has a copyright label with
> some restrictions, then there may be a paradox and the universe
> might get destroyed. Be careful...

The PS code is public domain. The logo design is protected. Isn't that clear?
Would the sentence below make it any clearer?

     The logos are freely available but their design is protected;
     they are distributed under the terms below.