On 25/07/2010 21:52, Andreas K. Foerster wrote:
But it has a quite nasty license...

No modifications allowed

Usually, when you make an official logo for an organization or corporation, you don't want it altered... (in proportions, colors, etc.).
It is not a license about source code, but about a design.

Now, I have seen "derivatives" of the logo, mostly changing the curved "The programming language" to something else.

Actually, looking again at the http://www.lua.org/images/ page, I see they encourage such customization. But I find natural to prohibit to reuse the logo by replacing Lua with something else, or put the moon on the left and claiming it is your design, etc.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France