On 27-Jul-10 12:20, HyperHacker wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 04:18, KHMan<keinhong@gmail.com>  wrote:
Zomirp Cila wrote:
I'm LUA fan for a decade now (introduced to me with Girder software) and
this is the first time I think about porting.
Anyway... what I need is interpreter or script engine to run on various
platforms with lowest footprint as possible, 16kB max.
Others have made their reservations known... Number One question, what
microcontroller?

Lua needs a memory heap (in general), 32-bit integers (unless you're willing
to do a lot of whacking), and AFAIK anything with a few KBs of SRAM has tons
of Flash memory. If your part's Flash is so limited, something more like a
compiled-BASIC would be more appropriate.

There has been attempts at a cut-down language etc, but it wouldn't be
complaint-Lua anymore.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)

Maybe what you want is to compile Lua to your microcontroller's
machine language.

Lua interpreter that is, not lua scripts. Those would be precompiled with luac. And as I said to my microcontrollers's machine langueages (is this proper usage of plural).