Everett L Williams II wrote:
[snip] In the meantime, the tendency to make lua an appendage of C++ is, IMO, something that should be discouraged.

Since when is Lua an appendage of C++? :-)

Chill, dude. He's 17. You're supposed to encourage him, not deliver thunderous sermons. You're also making assumptions and characterizations which I think is quite unfair to Nathaniel. Let kids be kids and have fun with stuff.

In any case, I don't think he's using C++ on AVR. I'm a PIC user, but AFAIK, WinAVR and stuff like that mostly use gcc as a cross-compiler and are all in C.

Nathaniel Lewis wrote:
It all depends on how hard the kid is going to try honestly.  I am 17
and I had been programming AVRs in C++ for two years at 13.  Also what
kind of platforms are you going to be using?  I saw NXT, and there is
pbLua for it.  What others were you thinking of?  AVR, PIC, other?
[snip the rest]

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)