Peter Odding wrote:
Writing a Lua parser in Vim script would be sadomasochism but writing a binding to an external tool that marks locals/globals/etc. shouldn't be too hard. Not that I'm volunteering :P, unless someone has already written the external tool...

Sorry for replying to myself, but I just realized that Vim 7.3 beta includes the Lua interface by default, which means we can plug-in any existing Lua parser written in Lua (possibly using LPeg). This might make things a lot easier :-)

 - Peter Odding