Romulo wrote:
As you mentioned it.. does anyone know if there any effort to bring
contextual highlighting to vim's Lua file type plugin? I've never done
any vim plugin, so I am clueless about how difficult it might be.

Writing a Lua parser in Vim script would be sadomasochism but writing a binding to an external tool that marks locals/globals/etc. shouldn't be too hard. Not that I'm volunteering :P, unless someone has already written the external tool...

 - Peter Odding