He does have the Mindstorm stuff, and he likes it very much. We have
put together a couple of different projects so far. I am just trying
to encourage him to explore other areas of what it requires to put
together a robot from scratch. Not that I expect him to know
everything about everything, just give him a taste of what it is like
to deal with different aspects.

My background is more in programming computers, and putting together
various basic computer systems. While I have not deal with anything
robotic (other than the Mindstorm stuff with him), and I very
interested in building various computer interfaces using Arduino...
(Anyone know of a Lua and Arduino project?)

I just am interested in encouraging him to explore. Thanks for the help.

Mike