On 07/25/2010 07:53 AM, Andreas K. Foerster wrote:

The XPM format is well suited, because it uses only ASCII characters.
So it can simply be included in a Lua script as string with long brackets.
XPM files are even vaild C code, so they can simply be included in C with
#include "lua.xpm"
Try that with any other image format!
(Okay, XBM also works that way.)

Hi Andreas

Thanks so much for sharing this. I did not know that XPM was just text, this will really help with another project I am working on. I also see that GIMP works with XPM so we can also do some quite complex things with it too.

I noticed the icon difference too. Does anyone know how to assign the XPM image to all .lua files in Linux?

Thanks again-Patrick