> * David Kastrup:

>>> Probably ;).
>>
>> I don't think that I have seen any C++ style guide encourage anything
>> but block local loop variables, written like
>>
>> for (int i=0; i<j; i++) ...
>
> You'll certainly find style guides which advocate the opposite.

Please give an example of such a style guide.

> There used to be a time when different compilers had different ideas
> about the scope of variables defined this way.

So what?  In that case it will be good advice not to rely on the
variable running either out of scope or not at the end of the loop.  But
that does not mean that it is a good idea to recycle loop variables.

So please point out a style guide which _does_ recommend that.

--
David Kastrup