On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 18:56, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> BTW, Feel free to commit code any time you want, you have the commit
>> rights (actually, push rights in Git).
>> But, if it is comfortable to you, I'd prefer we do our development in
>> GitHub forks, and merge branches to the central repo as they are
>> ready, that is arguably cleaner. (Note that it does not prevent us
>> from using each other fork commits). If it is too much bureaucracy for
>> you, we may drop the rule.

> I'm a total newbie wrt Git and Github so the simpler the better to me,
> but I'm willing to learn.

Feel free to ask for help with Git / GitHub (perhaps off-list). I'll
help if I would be able to :-)

> We could start simple to get things going
> and then start using multiple repos when the code gets stable.

OK. Well, if we're after simpler workflow, we're down to "everybode
uses master" scheme. So, just clone project from github, commit to
master and push.

It is not convenient for larger teams — but for this project, perhaps,
it will do.

>> Do we need external dependencies at all at early stage?

>> Looks like we do — since we're reusing existing code.

> I plan to have them only in the optional Lua-module-based backend for sh.fs.

So, do we actually need this backend?

>> P.S. Anyone who has GitHub account and are interested in this project
>> — please do watch it:

>> http://github.com/lua-shellscript/lua-shellscript/watchers

>> Thus we would know we have your support. :-)

> Done :)

Thanks to you and to everybody else who joined the watching :-)

Alexander.