On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 02:19, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I've been following this thread with interest, and it seems some stuff
>> from the luarocks.fs modules serve similar purposes to what has been
>> discussed here. Perhaps it would be a good idea to join these efforts
>> and produce a shell utilities module (the LuaRocks modules try to use
>> stuff such as LuaFileSystem when available or command-line tools as a
>> fallback).

> I second that.

> I'm willing to donate a bit of my time to this project — the results
> could be useful.

(Also, a good chance to test new GitHub Organizations feature.)

I've set up a project on GitHub:

http://github.com/lua-shellscript/lua-shellscript

Hisham, David, I've added you as a members. That does not oblige you
to do anything, of course.

But I felt that we need a wiki, and, I believed that, on GitHub you
have to be a project member to be able to edit it. It appears that it
is not true, and anyone may edit project wikis. %)

So, if anyone wants to contribute, feel free to do so.

I've created a few stub pages:

http://wiki.github.com/lua-shellscript/lua-shellscript/design

Lets design API for our modules! :-)

Alexander.

P.S. Feel free to correct anything you feel wrong in the wiki — that
is just a stub.