On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Patrick
<spell_gooder_now@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> I have used Ubuntu for years and reaped great value from it. However it
> seems like much of the time things don't go well for me when I compile
> programs. I do have the correct packages installed to facilate this, such as
> build-essential etc.
>
> Is there a better distro for Lua centric development?

The main difference for different Linux distros are the package
manager, i.e. the way to install pre-compiled binaries.

If you are compiling software packages from source, then most Linux
distributions are the same, because you are not using the
package-manager.

If you're talking about the dependencies, then AFAIK debian/ubuntu
series have "apt-get build-dep" which comes handy. So chances are that
you got problems in ubuntu, you got more problems in other distro.