about extending corona:

from: http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2010/04/08/os-40-and-corona-sdk

"This raises an excellent question: what should be the Corona philosophy? In other words, if you are a skilled enough programmer to handle the microphone API, or extend the Corona internals, is there an advantage to you in using Corona? This is meant as a point for further discussion, as there are pros and cons either way. I'd like to hear your views."