On 07/06/2010 21:44, Stephen Froehlich wrote:
in the direction of various places LUA is being used in set-top boxes
[...]
I hope to be able to give LUA the place it deserves in the coverage of

Almost mandatory remark (surprised nobody made it before me... ;-)):
Lua is a (Brazilian) Portuguese word meaning 'moon', not an acronym, so you can avoid using the all capitals name. :-)

Would be cool to code in Lua for my TV box!
That reminds me that I planned to try and use one Java-based dialect of Lua in a JavaFX application. Since JavaFX comes to TV sets, and offers cool graphics, a combination with Lua scripts can be interesting. But I don't know if there are limitations of the Java versions on TVs, like there are in mobile phones.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France