On 2010-05-23, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

>  So, at the best I think we can provide a template at etc/lua.pc, but with
>  no code to install it in proper places or to ensure it's consistent with
>  where Lua is installed. (Hence my impression that such a lua.pc is less
>  than useful then.)

Actually a template such as etc/lua.pc is *very* useful. One can edit
few lines in this file and then copy it to a final destination
manually. Its syntax is self-explanatory. This is much easier than
starting it from scratch. I do not mind doing changes/installation
manually instead of by "make". Having a template quickly points one in
the right direction and saves some time.

--Leo--