> In the next release of my Luabins library (simple binary serialization
> for Lua, http://github.com/agladysh/luabins) I plan to change the data
> format.

I've pushed RC1 for 0.3 (see changes below).

http://github.com/agladysh/luabins/tree/v0.3-RC1

I plan to release 0.3 stable on this week. Any feedback welcome.

Alexander.

v0.3 RC1
========

Format unification for x86 and x86_64. Bug fixes.

WARNING: Format is not compatible with 0.2 and below.
         Only data, saved on x86_64 is affected though.
         Data, saved on x86 should load fine.

New features:

-- Format change: unified save format for x86 vs. x86_64.
-- API to save data to FILE * stream without Lua (see fwrite.h).

Bug fixes:

-- Load: fixed bug in readbyte, now it checks if we have data before read.
-- Load: fixed Lua C stack overflow bug on large data.

Misc:

-- Better module information.
   Replaced luabins.VERSION with _VERSION, _CONFIG and _COPYRIGHT.
-- Added some CLI tools, useful for Luabins development (see etc/).
-- Some code cleanup.