Hello,

I have a C module that causes a very strange error. It is probably caused by a side effect of some lua API misuse. To check this, I need a lua core compiled with LUA_USE_APICHECK. Unfortunately, such an executable is not readily provided in the LfW distro. So I opened M$ Visual 2005, created a new empty win32 console application project dropped all lua sources but luac.c, replaced stock luaconf.h with that of LfW, added LUA_USE_APICHECK, and hit the Build button. This got me an executable, that I copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua\LuaDebug.exe. Problem is, my scripts make use of some LfW-provided DLLs, which in turn probably use the provided lua DLL. So I end up with two interpreters in my application, with the usual problems.

This got me to wonder: Could it be possible to have LfW provide a debug build of the core interpreter DLL, which one could swap against the release build, to be able to perform stronger checks in that situation?

BTW, there is also a crash in the lua debugger when tooltipping a variable containing a lot of data:

t = {}

str = string.rep("a", 100)

for i = 1,100 do

                table.insert( t, str)

end

print( t) -- break here, place mouse cursor over variable t, and watch scite die with a great cry of pain

Regards,

Benoit.