I see from your other email that you already installed Lua for Windows. Now get LuaRocks for it:

http://luarocks.org/releases/luarocks-2.0.2-lfw.zip

You can install Xavante and CGILua with two commands:

luarocks install wsapi-xavante
luarocks install cgilua

Now running "wsapi --cgilua <docroot>" will run a Xavante server that can run CGILua scripts and Lua pages (.cgi and .lp extensions, respectively).

Making a stand-alone .zip for this is tricky (the tricky part is stripping out what you do not want) but doable, you will need to structure the .zip like this:

lua.exe
lua5.1.dll
lua51.dll
wsapi.exe
wsapi.lua
lua\
  you can strip away the files and subpaths under this path for modules you do not want
clibs\
  same thing here, strip away what you do not want

--
Fabio Mascarenhas

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Gilles Ganault <gilles.ganault@free.fr> wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2010 10:03:01 -0300, Ignacio Burgueño
<ignaciob@inconcertcc.com> wrote:
>Yes. Xavante itself is pure Lua. It depends on other modules installed
>(Copas, Coxpcall, Wsapi) that are (mostrly) pure Lua too. It can be
>installed using LuaRocks and you can deploy that.
>I cc this message to the Kepler mailing list. Surely someone there could
>help.

That would great. However, my goal is to pack everything into a ZIP
file, so I can't use LuaRocks or any other installer, but obviously, I
can always copy binaries after they're installed somewhere.