Oh! Now I understand. I will not change the source code. If I have a table in the Module1.lua, I can't change the parameters there. What I can do it's to create a text representation for tables, in order words, to serialize tables and after, to save it in a file as 'records.dat'. It's nice too. With Json, I recently understood how to do it. It's good, but what I understood before is that Lua would allow the change of a Lua script in run-time. I don't know if it were possible, it wouldn't more difficult than saving in a different files, but it has pointed out for me because it's different. I never heard about a language allows something like that. Well, your tips are very good and I am also enthusiastic about the features, the several features Javier also has indicated me. Thank you Javier! Thank you Michal!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michal Kottman" <k0mpjut0r@gmail.com>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Non SQL databases

On So, 2010-05-01 at 14:28 -0300, Luciano de Souza wrote:
If this is possible, Lua is much powerful and extraordinary than I could
imagine!

It is possible, take a look at
http://lua-users.org/wiki/TableSerialization , which lists several ways
how to serialize Lua tables to string, which can be written to a file.
There are also links to several different libraries that achieve the
same purpose.

Michal