Hi listers,

Mysql and Firebird are excelent choice for large amount of data. If we want a single database, Sqlite is very good, especially because a separated process is not required. But I am curious to know if there is a non SQL database compatible with Lua. I mentioned it because I knew Buzhug, a very simple non SQL database for Python. I think I will continue enjoying Sqlite, but it seems interesting to know.

With Json, library for serialization, I can easily store configuration parameters, but despite its undescribably utility, large amount of data will probabily become the application slow, regarding a large table should be created each time we call a set of fields. Json is better and easy to use than ini files, but when a configuration file need also to be handle manually, perhaps ini files will be better. I don't intend to leave Json files, but I ask: if I want, I could also to deal with ini files?

I really love the large set of choices that Lua offers. Each head can adhere to the prefered way.

Luciano de Souza