On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzo.donati.bz@tiscali.it> wrote:
Now to the point.
I need a way to make a Lua script know it's exact location, i.e. its absolute file system path (under Win XP is enough) using pure Lua and no C. My purpose is to build applications in pure Lua (or wxLua) that can automatically find their modules/components/data without any installation or shell script launcher (I'm playing with executables created using wxLuafreeze and plan also to use srlua to achieve a similar effect with plain Lua).
I've searched the archive but found only some suggestions to parse arg[0], but this doesn't always work.

I don't think this is possible without using C. I use GetModuleFileName() in my Windows C startup code to find where the EXE is that got invoked.

But there's also the location of a particular Lua script you're getting via require. I don't know if that allows you to figure out where it came from.

Robby