Hi,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Kriss@XIXs.com <Kriss@xixs.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking about setting up a sandbox environment for "small
> snippets of code" on a server, although function sandboxing of lua
> code is easy there are still a couple of areas where evil things can
> still be done.

I built a C library for an irc bot [1]. It runs code in a separate
persistent (unless killed) process that maintains state. See the
README file for more information. It should satisfy all of your
requirements.

Also, speaking from experience, you will find that there is only one
way to safely run possibly malicious scripts. The way to do that is in
another process. (Assuming you want most of the Lua libraries
available.)

[1] http://batbytes.com/sandbox/

--
- Patrick Donnelly