2010/4/23 Attila <ejjeliorjarat@gmail.com>:
> the flashing shell, and there somebody pointed that I should use Alien
> library. So, I checked that out, and after it's documentation, it seems very
> promising. But on the LuaForge page I found _just_ the source code. Ok, I
> knew about a machine where MSVS08 is installed, so tried to compile it.

Yes, building on Windows can be unnecessarily painful. But the
binaries are around, they're part of Lua for Windows.  OK, 15Megs for
a 100K DLL is a bit steep, but there are some other very nice goodies
in there!

Actually, you could use LuaCOM (also part of the kit) to execute
things quietly, see:

http://batbytes.com/luafaq/#T3.2

steve d.