On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
> The solution I added was to queue the signals (as you can see in the Prosody version of lua-signal), Patrick uses simply a counter. Both methods work, and I don't see how POSIX could possibly say we can't do either of these things :)

You are are allowed, and are doing it.

Anybody sending signals in rapid sucession will find that sometimes
the OS drops them (POSIX), but that sometimes they are delivered to
the process, and in that case luasignal will queue them.

Having an API that purports to do something that can't reliably be
done gave me the impression that the author did not understand the
POSIX signal model, sorry, I'll move on.

Cheers,
Sam