On 13/04/10 00:48, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
Hi, list!

I see that Prosody project has updated sources of lua_signal library.

http://github.com/bjc/prosody/blob/master/util-src/signal.c

Is it possible to merge these changes back into the original library?

We already sent the changes as a patch to Patrick (because we're good guys).

Though I don't think he used our patch verbatim, Patrick incorporated our feedback (because he's also good). He produced a new release and also relocated it to http://batbytes.com/lua-signal/ .

However Prosody hasn't switched, and won't be just yet. The new lua-signal is changed somewhat, and has a debug hook permanently set. Though this wouldn't bother most applications, it bothers us (we both use debug hooks for debugging, and well, we're a realtime network server and it badly hurts throughput). Patrick indicated that he would be happy to amend the official lua-signal to reflect our concerns, but to the best of my knowledge has not yet done so. We'll likely switch to the official version when it includes these changes.

Regards,
Matthew