On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> wrote:
> I too would be interested in hearing about this; I only saw the
> now-deprecated page that was quoted here
> (http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/LuaAndroidAPI).

Well, top of my head, Android does JNI, and so LuaJava becomes a
contender (i.e. embed the C interpreter). In my experience LuaJava is
a very seamless way to get at JVM goodies without the dozens of little
classes - and because there's an overhead per class in Java, a Lua
solution is likely to be rather more compact.

Then get a remote Lua interpreter going and some rcp-like capability
and testing changes to your application becomes as simple as dofile()
;)   This trick works very well on desktop LuaJava, none of that fat
JVM startup time.

steve d.