On Sat, 3 Apr 2010, "J.Jørgen von Bargen" wrote:

> So, then, please tell us more about your use case, the we could help you more
> in your solution. ;-)

Wow, a sense of humour on the internet. :)

> I use some similar methods, where I need to include some binary-font data in
> my script and I only want to distribute /one/ file.
> I compile it with
>     luac -s -o application.luac usebindata.lua bindata.lua
> and the distrubute only the luac file.

Thank you!  This solves my immediate problem.

I'm normally wary of using binary files given all the problems they
have (portability, bytecode verification) but in my particular case
that doesn't matter.  So I still stand by my original request of
having a newline swallowing line continuation.

Cheers and thanks again,

Joonas