This is a question I've actually had, that I'm wondering if perhaps
Robert or someone else can comment on, what are the effective
differences between these two EGC implementations?

It looks as if Robert's patch has a few more configurable options (gc
on memory limit vs gc on alloc failure), but I haven't dug into any of
the implementation differences yet.

FWIW, the EGC patch has been working quite well in eLua :-)

-jsnyder

--
James Snyder
Biomedical Engineering