On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Xico leite <xxleite@gmail.com> wrote:
> plugin like lighttpd has, ill atach the "persistence database" and
> "off-system library" on server process, so plugin will be a lua
> metaclasse that will be loaded into server process...
>
> cgi ... well when i ask on kepler list about it, they said that lua
> pages runs under cgi...have u already take a look at server variables
> response?

> well, i create a "lp" global var that have some methods like
> "lp.header( name,value ), lp.cookie( ... ), lp.write( ... ),
> lp.vars['??'] lp.req['??']" all pages need a header, cookie, something
> to display, server variables and request variables ...

But... this sounds like you are rebuilding wsapi:

http://keplerproject.github.com/wsapi/libraries.html

Which to my knowledge is what kepler uses to talk to its host env,
which could be xavante, or other stuff.

Are you sure you aren't confusing wsapi, the interface of which was
designed to "look" a bit like CGI, and CGI itself?

I don't mean to discourage you, you sound like you're having fun, but
if you want to build a distributed content network, you might consider
skipping the "build http server" stage, and get to the hard stuff!

Cheers,
Sam