On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Interfaces to do this vary on the O/S. If you can build C extensions,
>> I'd bind one to libdnet, it supports win32 and many unixen, and
>> supports this:
>
> A Lua binding would be a useful tool in the networking box, but might
> be a little bit challenging for a newbie?

Depends what they are new to. If they are new to lua, but not C, then
not challenging, its just cut-n-paste from chapter 29 of the PIL:

http://www.lua.org/pil/29.html

Figuring out the ip/ifconfig output format on a half-dozen platforms
is not without its own challenges.

Cheers,
Sam